Respirators Masks are a product that is essential for most jobs. It protects the respiratory tract of external agents that in the long run are very harmful for our organism. Gas Masks for dust, chemicals, mercury or even plutonium we have a suitable mask for protection. Here we will answer all your questions and we will give you all the keys to choose the hazmat mask that best suits your work.
Masks of security, are devices for individual use, that means that you are the only person who should use the mask that you have in use, can not use another person, since they are purely personal. In our online store you will find the best offers of face masks on amazon at very cheap prices.
- 1 What are the Respirator Mask of gas and dust?
- 2 History of protective masks: Who invented them and year
- 3 Types of Respirator Mask
- 4 What Respirator mask is what I need for dust?
- 5 Which Respirator Mask do I choose for chemicals, fumigation or vapors?
- 6 What Respirator mask is suitable for odors?
- 7 What Respirator mask is perfect for very charged atmospheres?
- 8 How long does a Respirator mask filter last?
- 9 Functions and characteristics Respirator gas mask
- 10 When and how should we use the Respirator mask
- 11 Types of pollutants and harmful respiratory substances
- 12 The best safety respirator masks you can buy
- 13 List of bestsellers Safety Respirator Parts you can buy
What are the Respirator Mask of gas and dust?
The protective or safety masks are adjustable in the head to protect us from vapors and gases that could be poisonous. They consist of a body made of a flexible material that fits on the face, has plastic protections for the eyes and a valve to expel the air.
In our times, these masks are used by cyclists and road workers. Also those people who travel through very polluted cities. These are used in order to protect themselves from smoke inhalations, which are very toxic to our lungs.
Disposable masks, half masks respirator or full masks. All these products are of great importance when you work in a place that requires it. If you work in a hospital, use of pesticides or insecticides, in a construction company, or simply if you are a lover of DIY, it is very important.
You must make sure that the respiratory protection equipment is adequate for the hazards of the area in which you are working. In addition to adequate protective gloves.
- ✅ Debrief Me Anti Pollution Military Grade N99 Carbon Activated Anti Dust Face is high-quality Polyester-cotton, anti-dust protection mouth mask for...
- ✅ This mask will keep safe your mouth by protecting from all dust, air polluted place, vehicles smoke, and sandy air. It is the anti-dust even in...
- ✅ 100% germ protector especially for the face. Our mask has been designed for any user
History of protective masks: Who invented them and year
Security masks were invented in the year 1847, in the United States of North America. Its evolution transcended for the year of 1912. In order to avoid.
This last mask could be connected by means of a thread and a filter; which are different according to the protection requirements. It is composed of a cylinder with two openings, where one of them has a thread that connects to the mask.
Increase its use in the First World War. Since that period was when the first chemical weapons were invented. They were used against gas bombs, and other chemicals that caused death immediately.
Types of Respirator Mask
First of all we must know something basic, which is the types of masks that are on the market.
They are classified into 3 types:
- Disposable masks: they are shaped (to understand, they are fixed) and foldable (can be folded to save them).
- Half-mask: are those that can be adapted interchangeable face mask filters but in the market there are already some with built-in filters.
- Facial masks: This respirator face shield cover the entire face and also protect the eyesight.
What Respirator mask is what I need for dust?
The powder is represented with the white color in the masks. We have all the disposable masks, of white color of course, both shaped and collapsible. You can buy masks with valve or without valve. The only task of the valve is that when it comes to pulling the air is easier and avoid fogging the goggles if they are worn. There are 3 levels of protection for the dust: P1, P2 and P3.
The mask P1 has less protection than the mask P3, apparently put is not noticed, the use of one level or another depends on the working conditions. There are also face mask half in the market that have filter P1, P2 and P3 for dust, loose or combined.
Which Respirator Mask do I choose for chemicals, fumigation or vapors?
No doubt the answer is clear: a half-shell with interchangeable filters or a half-shell with fixed filters. The filters are of many types and are differentiated by colors. For example filters A are brown and filters K that are for asbestos are green. Do not forget that the dust filter is white. You can buy polyvalent or loose filters, I advise the former because they protect against most products and vapors.
Here I leave a list of mask with the different filters you need depending on the product in question.
What Respirator mask is suitable for odors?
We can buy a mask with activated carbon, they are like disposable for dust but special for odors, welding, etc.
What Respirator mask is perfect for very charged atmospheres?
If we want to go down into a sewer, work in a room without much ventilation with a chemical product, etc. we need a facial mask for perfect ventilation.
How long does a Respirator mask filter last?
The filter is filled with particles by use, the only way to know for sure is to break the filter and see the dirt as it is done with the filters of cars that can see how dirty they are. The user should notice that it is difficult for him to breathe and that he already smells bad through it. It depends a lot on the work environment. To last longer, pre-filters and retainers are usually used.
Functions and characteristics Respirator gas mask
The gas masks are used in some jobs, they purify the air since they have filters that eliminate harmful substances. There are different types of filters depending on the dangers that can be found.
- It is essential that we choose an adequate filter. If we use facemask with filter that are not appropriate, they can be very dangerous because they will not protect us.
- High performance respirators are pieces that cover our entire face. They have exhalation valves and filters for protection against toxic dust. Disposable respirators are masks that are made with a filtering material, designed to cover only the nose, and the mouth.
- Sometimes it includes an exhalation valve. These respirators only offer protection against harmful dusts and for periods of limited time.
- The respiratory masks offer protection against toxic gases and are designed to protect them from annoying or harmful dust. Its quality depends on the filtering material. If you do not have these filtering materials or is damaged or worn, this mask will serve, you should discard it.
- When working in high temperatures, some masks can be a bit uncomfortable if you lass for long periods of time in hot environments. When you use these masks for dust, you must take into account that you must have a respirator and a suitable filter before entering a dusty atmosphere.
We must use safety masks whenever you have to work in dusty atmospheres, fumigation or where you have risks to health and safety.
- ✅ Premium quality with reasonable price, integrity management and refuse to profiteer, same product sales price is much lower than other sellers
- ✅ Professional personal protective mask,made of premiume Non-toxic material.meet ASTM E2952-14 standard and certified by NIOSH ,LA.
- ✅ Head belt type design, wear firm and comfortable to ensure the tightness,large anti-scratch lenses coated with an anti-fog layer which provide a...
When and how should we use the Respirator mask
We must use the gas mask to protect ourselves taking into consideration the following:
- In what we are exposed, the danger that could happen to us if we do not use this equipment.
- The mask must be adequate for the specific danger.
- We must know how to handle it. Respirators must have a tight fit.
Since respirators cover the entire face they are not suitable for agents who have beards or wear glasses.
You must check that the setting of the mask is in optimal conditions:
Close the inlet valve, breathe slowly so that the mask contraigaligeramentemente and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If you keep this slight contraction and do not detect any air intake, the adjustment is the most appropriate.
In the event that any air intake is detected, adjust the mask and repeat the test. Since the air inlet is, it is likely that the mask has some defect and you should not use it. For hygienic reasons, it is better that each respirator be used only by the same person; you should clean it and disinfect it immediately after using it.
We take care of selecting the best ones. We have all the types and prices for you to buy the one that suits your needs. The first thing we must take into account is that we are going to use it, what kind of pollutants we are going to have near.
Types of pollutants and harmful respiratory substances
- Powders, if our job is to sand or crush solid materials, the finer the dust, the more it floats in the air and the more likely we will inhale it without realizing it, without perceiving it.
- Haze, these are small drops almost that we can not visualize them. Generated by lapulverización, nebulización or the spraying of substances in liquid state and can be present in combined forms with vapors.
- Gases, are substances transported in the air at room temperature. It can be dispersed quickly without being detected, it is always kept in a gaseous state.
- Vapors are substances that emanate from liquids and solids. In general, vapors in ambient temperature are liquid.
What we should always be clear about and keep in mind is the type of dangerousness of pollutants. It depends mainly on its toxicity and its concentration in the air. That means that when choosing our safety mask, we must first know the environment in which we are going to work.
The best safety respirator masks you can buy
The objective is the protection of the respiratory part is to take care mainly of the health of the people, who breathe in harmful environments. There are nowadays a lot of security devices, in which when it comes time to buy them we do not know why to decide. That’s why I’ve done the hard work for you, discover which are the best quality price.
Respirator Masks or Gas masks 3m
Masks These are safety masks that do not protect us against lack of oxygen, extreme temperatures or dust concentrations, some of them are:
- Masks 3M Ref. 8210, is used for grinding, polishing, sweeping, bagging, which concentrates a lot of dust.
- Mask 3M Ref. 8214, is used for the works of strong welding, cutting and emptying of metals, grinding and polishing, hand paint jobs and the use of petrochemicals.
- Mask 3M Ref. 9010, is used for light grinding work, which produces dust and particles without the presence of oil.
- Mask 3M Ref. 8247, is used for foundry work, laboratories, in agriculture, is used for work with organic vapors.
- NIOSH approved R95 for at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain oil and non-oil based particles
- Carbon filter material helps provide relief against nuisance levels of organic vapors*
- Collapse-resistant shell for increased durability
Reusable half-face masks
These are a type of mask that are reusable. They are a type of mask that have filters and replaceable cartridges that are air purifiers. These cover the nose, mouth and chin. They are used for jobs that do not require oxygen deficiency, extreme temperatures or hazards that are not mentioned on the label.
- Mask 3M Ref. 6200, it helps us to have a respiratory protection of several gases, vapors and dangerous particles. They should not be used in places where life is in danger due to the gasses that are emitted as these masks do not protect us. They are used for desoldaduras works, industries of aluminum, industries of the steel, pharmaceutical industries, mining, agrochemicals, metalworking and petrochemicals.
- Mask 3M Ref. 7503, realized with an advanced procedure based on silicone, thus it provides a comfortable respiratory protection and durable, the valve that is in this mask, makes breathing easier, reduces heat, and moisture. They are recommended for welding, aluminum, food, mining, and petrochemical industries.
- Advanced silicone material for increased comfort and greater durability
- Proprietary 3M CoolFlow valve helps makes breathing easier
- Dual-mode head harness adjusts easily for either standard or drop-down mode
Reusable respirators mask full face
This type of safety full face mask also protect the eyes and all the face. They are adjustable around the entire face. They have filters to trap dust, metal fumes or mists ovapores gases that are in the air.
- Mask 3M Ref. 6800, is ideal for the mining industry, cement, pharmaceutical, agrochemical, quality control laboratories, textile and wood industry.
- ENHANCED COMFORT: Lightweight, well balanced, full face respirator design and silicone face seal for enhanced comfort and durability
- BREATHE EASIER: 3M Cool Flow Valve helps provide cool, dry comfort
- DIRECTS EXHALED BREATH DOWNWARD: Unique center adapter directs exhaled breath and moisture downward
List of bestsellers Safety Respirator Parts you can buy
|1||3M Safety 5P71PB1-6 3M P95 Particulate Filters, 6/Pack,||$11.94||Buy on Amazon|
|2||MSA P100 Particulate Filter Respirator Cartridge||from $8.12||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Nose Cup||$27.89||Buy on Amazon|
|4||3M Paint Project Respirator, Large||$28.95||Buy on Amazon|
|5||DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle||$9.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||3M Head Harness 6897/37005(AAD), Respiratory Protection Replacement Part||$18.00||Buy on Amazon|
|7||3M Dual Cartridge Respirator Assembly 3M 07193, Large||from $17.54||Buy on Amazon|
|8||3M 8511 Respirator, N95, Cool Flow Valve (10-Pack)||$13.48||Buy on Amazon|