The cockroaches, that insects despised by many and that never leaves calm those who tremble with disgust with their presence.
These insects survive extreme situations, for example, if a nuclear bomb exploded … Who would survive? Cockroaches!!
Well, after statements as clear as these are only to analyze: Why do cockroaches appear at home? What is there to kill cockroaches? How to prevent the appearance of cockroaches in the kitchen, bathrooms …?
The cockroach has survived evolution for centuries for its intelligence and ability. It is a very attentive and agile insect. Cockroaches only appear at night or in darkness, they do not leave their cave if there is light. Cockroaches fit everywhere! If we think that they do not go through that site … yes, they fit, they pass, they hide and they can even deposit their eggs there. What do they eat? OF EVERYTHING!! They are like rats, all organic remains found in their path are a delicacy for cockroaches.
For some they are disgusting, disgusting, the crunching of killing them describe it as unpleasant and even causing twitches …
- ELIMINATES HOME INVADING PESTS - Naturally Kills and Repels Home Invading Pests Including: House Roach, Spiders, Ants, Fleas, Earwigs, Stink Bugs, Mites,...
- NATURAL - Made with Natural and non-toxic ingredients, MDXconcepts Pest Control Spray is the perfect solution for those looking to keep their homes free of...
- FAST ACTING – MDXconcepts is not only Fast Acting but also Long Lasting. Kills Fast and helps Keeps them out.
- ELIMINATES HOME INVADING PESTS – Naturally Kills and Repels Home Invading Pests Including: House Roach, Spiders, Ants, Fleas, Earwigs, Stink Bugs, Mites,...
- ORGANIC & NATURAL – Made with Natural, Organic, and non-toxic ingredients, Eco Defense Pest Control Spray is the perfect solution for those looking to...
- FAST ACTING – Eco Defense is not only Fast Acting but also Long Lasting. Kills Fast and helps Keeps them out.
- Great Value - Minimum of 145 tablets included to treat a minimum of 12 rooms, long lasting when kept dry & extremely cost effective
- EPA Registered - Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-1) for use in homes with people & pets
- Irresistible to Roaches - Active ingredient 40% boric acid w/ our formulated lure to attract roaches. Does not have an expiration date.
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying,...
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture,...
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful...
- Natural Product - Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed - Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included - Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application in difficult to reach areas.
- Safe and strong essential oil formula (Safe to use around kids and pets when used as directed)
- Safe to use around Kids and Pets (When used as directed)
- Tested and proven to start killing bugs in seconds (Tested on ants & roaches)
- Eco Friendly - Uses clove and cottonseed natural plant oils as active ingredients that are safe to use around children and pets
- Quick Kill - Proven to kill ants in 30 minutes or less
- Non Staining - Formula will not stain when used according to label directions
- Safe and effective way to kill and strongly repel over 100 Home invading pests including multiple types of ants, cockroaches, fleas, and more
- EcoSmart is non-staining, safe enough to be used inside the home and strong enough to be used along the outside perimeter of your home
- 100% organic insecticide using all natural plant oils such as Peppermint and clove oil, so it smells fresh and natural, unlike other harsh chemical...
- Ecoraider botanical bio-insecticide technology, rated 1 by entomological societly of america
- Kills 100% of ants within 1 minute, it also breaks down ants’ trail and prevent from re-grouping and re-entry for 4 weeks or longer.
- For use both indoor and outdoor to control existing and invading insects including ants, mites, lice
- 1 Organic home remedies and traps to eliminate cockroaches
- 2 What do cockroaches like?
- 3 How to prevent cockroaches in a simple way?
- 4 Get rid of cockroaches with homemade traps
- 5 Home remedies for cockroaches
- 6 Other home remedies and homemade traps
Organic home remedies and traps to eliminate cockroaches
What do cockroaches like?
- Live and make your way at night or in the dark, when nobody can see them
- Wood, cardboard or paper are your best mattress, is where they like to rest.
- They hide between cracks and crevices in furniture, especially bathroom and kitchen furniture
- They love the humidity. That’s why we find many cockroaches in the sewers, pipes in the kitchen bathrooms, laundry rooms, heating drains, electricity boxes …
- Behind the appliances and below these, where organic waste accumulates, it is dark, heats are given off by the motors …
- Cellars, storage rooms, storage rooms, attics … all those places where food, clothes are stored … Places where there is usually not much human presence, are usually off and, as a rule there is some kind of organic substance that serves as food.
How to prevent cockroaches in a simple way?
- Eliminate all kinds of cracks and crevices that may be in the tiles of the bathroom, kitchen countertops, laundry … They can be filled with hot silicone, so then it will be completely hermetic.
- Do not accumulate standing water and humidity. For example, after washing our hands dry the sink with a cloth to prevent it from getting wet. When we finish scrubbing the ideal is to dry the sink and cover the drain so they do not locate the wet point of it.
- Dry places with high temperatures. For example, behind the living room furniture, where the space is dark, there is no humidity but there is no access … it is a good place for them, removing the dust and moving these furniture, curtains, shelves, books … from time to time and leaving no remains of mop and dust will prevent them from creating their nests there. One of the enemies of cockroaches … THE VACUUM CLEANER !!
- The remains of food, food packages … must remain closed hermetically and never leave the dishes of rest on the countertop for a long time … at night our friends could pay us a visit.
- Garbage and recycling. Especially in spring-summer we must have the garbage bags, recycled … well closed and if possible the shortest possible time in the same place. The cubes must be closed well and the bags also. The places with excrement and remains of food are one of their favorite places.
Get rid of cockroaches with homemade traps
Getting rid of cockroaches can be a big problem, a challenge that requires perseverance, ingenuity, nerves under control and a steel stomach. Cockroaches are extremely resistant insects, often one of the few survivors of deadly phenomena such as natural disasters and nuclear catastrophes, and they are also very resistant to a wide variety of poisons.
Pesticides are quite toxic and it is preferable to avoid them, so we teach you how to make traps for homemade cockroaches.
Traps for cockroaches with bottles
You can prepare this trap to eliminate cockroaches by sticking strips of packing tape on the outside of a can or bottle, so there is a surface on which they can climb. You could also lay a napkin from the base where you put the container to your mouth, or put it next to a wall.
You can try this trap with a long neck bottle, as long as the design prevents cockroaches from getting out of it. You can cut the top part of the bottle, so that it is funnel-shaped and place it face down, so that it is precisely a funnel, inside the bottom of the bottle. This way you will be able to enter easily but it will be more difficult to get out of the container and they will drown before in the liquid that you place in the lower part of the bottle.
Traps for cockroaches with adhesive tape
At night, when the cockroaches are more active, you can leave pieces of adhesive tape that are strong or packing over the areas where they usually move. You must make sure that the piece of tape has not been used before and that it remains sticky, as well as that the glue or adhesive used in this tape is powerful.
To ensure you attract them, place a bait for cockroaches (an edible that gives off a sweet and / or greasy smell, such as a banana peel, a crumb of bread, butter or any very ripe fruit) at a point in the ribbon not very close to the edges. This way they will be stuck and you will be able to get rid of them more easily.
- Great non-toxic way of catching rodents and insects.
- The glue covered surface measures 4.5"X 6.5" (The whole trap is 5.25"X 7.75")
- Can be used as flat or folded and placed where rodent or other target pests activities have been observed.
Home remedies for cockroaches
To finish teaching you the different ways to prepare traps for homemade cockroaches, we want to show you some of the most common products in the houses or that are easy to get that can serve as home remedies to scare away and eliminate cockroaches at home:
Boric acid for cockroaches
Boric acid is one of the products to eliminate cheaper and easier to get cockroaches, since you can buy it in pharmacies and drugstores. It is a substance must be used with care, avoid consumption or that it touches the mucous membranes, and take special care with children, babies and pets.
- PUT THE PESTS IN THEIR PLACE: Zap-A-Roach is designed to easily eliminate some of the hardest pests to fight. Combat a roach, ant, water bug, flea, and...
- PROTECT YOUR HOME IN EVERY WAY: Don’t worry about ruining baseboards, flooring, or appliances with Zap-A-Roach. It is a non-staining compound, safe to...
- UNDETECTED PEST CONTROL: Zap-A-Roach is designed to be odorless in your home, making it perfect to use throughout the house. Family and friends will never...
Bicarbonate to eliminate cockroaches
Bicarbonate is a lethal substance for cockroaches. When you mix it with sugar they are attracted by the pleasant smell of this mixture and come to eat it. Make the mixture in equal parts sugar and bicarbonate. By ingesting the mixture the bicarbonate will cause a toxic reaction in your stomach that will kill the insect.
- Sodium Bicarbonate 10 Grain tablets, antaicd to relieve heartburn, sour stomach, or acid indigestion.
- Sodium Bicarbonate Tablets provides symptomatic relief from excess stomach acid.
- Easy to swallow tablets.
Cucumber to repel cockroaches
It is one of the best known home remedies for eliminating cockroaches because it drives them away, also serving as a preventive method. All you need is a cucumber and some aluminum foil. Cucumber juices react with this metal and give off a very unpleasant odor that ends up driving cockroaches away.
Other home remedies and homemade traps
You can follow the links in the header of the page to delve into the different remedies to eliminate cockroaches.